Click above for current size and creel limits.
Tidal Sport Fishing
Chesapeake Bay & Tidal Tributaries and Atlantic Ocean, Coastal Bays & Tidal Tributaries
It Is Illegal
- To have in one’s possession aboard any boat on the tidal waters of Maryland any striped bass cut up or filleted at any time. Striped bass must be landed whole.
- To have in one’s possession aboard any boat on the tidal waters of Maryland more than 15 cut up pounds of any fish upon which a size or weight limit is prescribed by law or regulations.
- Sabiki rigs are not legal in Maryland. Multiple hook rigs including Sabiki rigs are allowed in the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of the Atlantic Ocean, three miles out from the Maryland coast.
- To buy, sell, or offer to buy any fish or crab harvested under a recreational license.
- To use waders or boots soled with felt or any natural or synthetic porous material capable of absorbing liquid.
- To disturb, take, destroy or possess the nest or eggs of a terrapin or snapping turtle.
Leave No Trace
- Be considerate of others.
- Take trash with you.
- Pack it in. Pack it out.
- Clean your fish at home.
- Avoid impacting stream banks and lake shores.
- Do not dispose of unused bait on or near the water.
- Recycle or dispose of old lures and line.
- Avoid discarding dead or moribund fish.
Click here to view all fishing rules and regulations in the state of Maryland.